This year, fourth in a row, the Balkan HF Contest was organized by Bulgarian Federation of Radio Amateurs (BFRA). It attracted relatively high number participants. 120 competitors sent their logs within the required one week term and they were classified in two categories – Category A – normal power and Category B – QRP. YO9CNU sent a check log. YO8DOH, YP0C and LZ1ZX sent their logs after the deadline 19 February, therefore their logs were assumed check logs, too. Regrettably significant number participants did not send logs at all. They were Z35A, Z37CEF, YU1ZZ, YO2DFA, Z3A, YT5A, SZ8LES, SV1ENG, YO3KST, YU7PEP, SV2FLM, YO8BPK, YO2LAN, 4O3RAB, SV9KNK and several more (with less than 10 QSOs). First 6 in Category A, first 3 in Category B as well as best performed from each country will be awarded special plaques.
Sincere congratulations to the winners!
Results can be found here.
Panayot Danev, LZ1US
Secretary of BFRA
The day of Fourth Balkan HF Contest, organized again by BFRA, is coming. I hope you will participate again and I will be happy to make a QSO with you. The number of the participants in past editions of the contest:shows the tendency to raise every year:
- 2014 - organizer BFRA - 57 received logs,
- 2015 (RAAG) - 77 received logs,
- 2016 (FRR) - 136 received logs.
I hope that tendency will continue. May I ask you to distribute that information to your friends, potential participants in the contest.
I wish all of you success!
The Rules are not changed. Here they are:
FOURTH BALKAN HF CONTEST 2017
- Organizer: BFRA (Bulgarian Federation of Radio Amateurs) for 2017 edition, after that consequently other Balkan societies.
- Participants: Only radio amateurs from Balkan countries, i.e. with callsigns, starting with (in alphabetical order): 4O, 5B, 9A, C4, E7, ER, H2, J4, LZ, P3, S5, SV, SW, SX, SY, SZ, TA, TB, TC, YM, YO, YP, YQ, YR, YT, YU, Z3, Z6, ZA, ZC4.
- Objective: To contact as many as possible radio amateurs from Balkan countries (including own country) with as many as possible prefixes (see bellow).
- Date and Time: From 12:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC on 12 February 2017, Sunday.
- Bands: 3.5 MHz and 7 MHz. Change of the band requires at least 10 minutes activity on the new band.
- Modes: CW, SSB, Mixed.
- Categories: Category A – Power permitted to the amateur according his/her license, but not exceeding 1000 W INPUT and Category B – Power not exceeding 10 W INPUT (QRP). The participants in this category transmit /QRP after their callsign (e.g. LZ1US/QRP).
- Exchange: CW – RST report plus the consequent number of the QSO (e.g. 589023), SSB – RS report plus the consequent number of the QSO (e.g. 57006). In case of changing the mode or band the sequence of numbers continues.
- Multipliers: Separately for each band – the number of Balkan prefixes contacted on the relevant band. For the purposes of this contest a different prefix is each callsign that differs in its first three marks. Therefore LZ6, LZ7, SV3, SV4, Z31, Z32, TA1, TA2 etc. are different multipliers, but LZ07KM counts as LZ0, YO2014A counts as YO2, ER650MD counts as ER6, etc. Participation from area with prefix different from original counts as that prefix (e.g. SV0XCA/5 counts as SV5).
- Allowed contacts: Only one contact with any station is valid on each band, independently on the mode (e.g. if LZ6Y makes a contact with ZA1RE on 7 MHz / CW, another contact between them on the same band, regardless on CW, or on SSB, shall not be valid; one contact between them on 3.5 MHz shall be valid).
- QSO Points: Each contact with category A station is worth one (1) point while each contact with category B station is worth two (2) points. Repeated contacts with the same correspondent on the same band are worth zero (0) points for both (initial and repeated) contacts. Contacts logged with more than 5 minutes difference from the real time are also worth zero (0) points.
- Final score: The final score for both categories is the sum of QSO points on 3.5 MHz band, multiplied by the multiplier on this band, plus QSO points on 7 MHz band, multiplied by the multiplier on this band (e.g. if Z32TY has contacted 20 stations on 3.5 MHz, 3 of them QRP, number of contacted prefixes 15 as well as 25 stations on 7 MHz, 5 of them QRP, number of contacted prefixes 18, his final score shall be (17+6)x15 + (20+10)x18 = 345+540 = 885 points).
- Classification: Separately for Category A and Category B. No difference between CW only, SSB only or mixed.
- Deadline: All logs must be sent by e-mail not later than 19 February, Sunday.
- Disqualification: Violations of amateur radio regulations, the rules of the contest, unsportsmanlike conduct, use of any non-amateur means of contacts (such as telephone, Internet etc.) will be deemed sufficient cause for disqualification.
- Awards: Plaques (or trophies with certificates) are awarded for top performance to first six amateurs in category A and first three (3) in category B, as well as best participants from each country, if not in those above.
Napokon rezultati!!! TREĆI U SVIJETU!
Dear Amateur radio contacts,
for the 500 years of the Le Havre city's foundation, the French city's Amateur radio club F6KOH will be TM500LH for the following periods:
May 2017 : 25 to 31
July 2017 : 5 to 10
August 2017 : 30 to September the 4th
October 2017 : 1 to 8
The local Amateur radio clubs F8KHN, F4KIW and F4KJL will join F6KOH to activate the TM500LH special event callsign and operate in the following modes:
- SSTV, and other numeric modes
A special diploma will be delivered to all Amateur Radio stations having made 3 contacts with TM500LH.
We are looking forward to thousands QSOs!
To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of the A.R.I. the main Italian Radioamateur Association, since March 1st 2017 to December 31st 2017, many Italian Clubstation will be on air on all bands and all modes. These Stations can be easily detected from prefix IQ. They will give a code called SASC. Each SASC has this structure:
- Letter ARI90 Number
The letter identifies the Italian Region and the number identifies the Clubstation among same Region. Each month 2 Italian Regions will be on air. The Italian Regions are 20. On March 2017 the Regions involved are: Piedmont - P and Sicily - T
- To claim this Award European Stations must work at least 15 Italian Regions, Extra-European Stations at least 10 Regions. QSL cards are not requested. GCR list accepted.
- The Award is free of costs and it will be sent as PDF file.
- From May to December there will be on air also 2 Headquarter Special Event Stations that will give a SASC starting with letter H
- On April 22nd only (during the Marconi Day) there will be on air 10 Marconian Stations (detectable from prefix IY) that will pass 10 SASC starting with letter Y
- One missed Region can be replaced by one SES or by one Marconian Station
- Two missed Regions can be replaced by one SAS and one Marconian Station.
- All these SASC will be valid also for ASC-Award.
More info in english language at link.
Thank you for your attention. Please spread this info to your members that could be interested in this Award
73 de Pier Luigi, IK2UVR / N2UVR
ARI HF Award Manager
Please find attached to this letter the new propositions for YU-DX CONTEST. The term to hold the contest is still the third full weekend of April, i.e. Saturday at 12:00 UT up to Sunday at 11:59 UT (15/16th of April 2017).
President of the Amateur Radio Union of Serbia
Miroslav Ivkovic YU1DW